Reishi Mushroom – Wild Crafted (Reduces Inflammation, Improves Anxiety & Depression, Boost Immune System, Heart Healthy + More) – 4oz Powder
Please take note:
Our Reishi Mushroom is wild crafted (gathered from the wild), because of this there will be times of unavailability. Most of the Reishi Mushroom found today on sites such as Amazon are lab grown. Because of this it lacks the bio-diversity that these mushrooms have been known to have which brings them their power.
10 Reishi Mushroom Benefits Backed By Science
1) Reishi Reduces Inflammation and Acts as an Antioxidant
Studies have shown reishi to reduce inflammation in rheumatism, asthma, inflammation of the membrane that lines the eye and eyelids without notable side effects (R, R).
14 days of reishi increased anti-inflammatory/antioxidant markers and protected the blood from oxidative damage. Researchers say this justifies the traditional use of Reishi by African and Chinese medicine as an anti-inflammatory agent (R).
Multiple kinds of extracts showed anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity and can be considered a useful approach to various inflammation-related diseases (R, R).
A study on people with advanced-stage cancer showed a decrease in TNF-alpha and IL-1 which are inflammatory cytokines (R).
2) Reishi Improves Anxiety and Depression
Breast cancer patients reported reduced anxiety and depression, as well as increased quality of life when they received reishi along with their cancer treatment. The group not receiving reishi did not report these effects (R).
3) Reishi Enhances the Immune System
Most people know about reishi for balancing immunity. G. lucidum can activate or deactivate certain parts of the immune system which is why it has a modulating role instead of a specific one area of action (R).
It contains high amounts of organic compounds that are proven to strengthen our immune cells and improve general immune system health(R).
It inhibits fungus growth up to 58% in 5 different fungal pathogens (R).
Reishi combined with antibiotics increased the antimicrobial activity much more than synthetic antibiotics alone (R).
The extract showed significantly enhanced wound healing activity (R).
Reishi extract has potent anti-malaria activity while at the same time protecting against liver damage (R).
4) Reishi Relieves Allergies
Studies have shown reishi extract to reduce and inhibit all four kinds of allergic responses (R).
Reishi has been used for various conditions, including chronic bronchitis because it reduces histamine. Studies reveal compounds found in reishi effectively inhibits the release of histamine from mast cells and stabilized mast cells at the same time (R, R, R).
5) Reishi Benefits the Heart
An extract of its protein has been shown to potently lower blood pressure with effects lasting up to 8 hours (R).
It also reduced damage to the cells that line blood vessels (R).
In people with diabetes, reishi can help reduce both cholesterol and insulin resistance (R).
6) Reishi Helps Prevent Cancer
It has significant benefits for multiple types of cancer including prostate and breast cancer. It does this via various mechanisms: inflammation reduction, and inhibition of cell and tumor growth. G. lucidum is useful for both prevention and possible treatment (R, R, R).
Reishi suppressed cell adhesion and cell migration of highly invasive breast and prostate cancer cells, which means it can be potent at reducing tumor growth (R).
Also, it is an alternative way to aid the treatment of leukemia (R).
Reishi has been found to significantly decrease fatigue, anxiety, and depression and improve the subjective well-being of breast cancer survivors and patients (R).
Treatment with reishi for 13 weeks showed reduced tumor growth and weight by roughly 50% and potent inhibition of things like mTOR which promote cancer (R).
Preclinical studies have shown that reishi has potent anti-tumor activity and strengthens the immune system in advanced-stage cancer (R).
7) Reishi Helps You Sleep
Chinese and Japanese herbalists traditionally recommend it for insomnia due to its sleep-promoting ability (R).
Modern science has found that it is useful for sleep (R).
It goes well with melatonin and other sleep-promoting supplements. Here is a list of effective ways to enhance your sleep:
Top 25 methods for better sleep and circadian rhythm
54 effective ways to fall and stay asleep (even for the worst insomniac)
8) Reishi Heals the Liver and Kidneys
14 patients with proteinuria, a sign of kidney disease, used reishi. All 14 patients got rid of the proteinuria after using reishi and restored their immune system to proper balance (R).
Reishi protected against the damage done by moderate daily alcohol consumption on the liver in rats (R).
In malaria-infected animals, Reishi protected against liver damage while also potently suppressing the malaria infection (R).
9) Reishi Enhances Your Brain
Reishi also improved the brain function of the alcohol-consuming rats, both increasing the energy supply to the brain as well as decreased the amount of mind slowing neurotransmitters that alcohol increases (R).
- lucidum protects the brain against seizures. It reduced IL-1B and TNF-a, which are compounds that can cause seizures (R).
10) Reishi Aids Gut Health
It helps prevent ulcers from forming and lowers fat in the body as well (R).
- Serum malondialdehyde content decreased with a corresponding significant (P<0.05) increase in superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase, glutathione S-transferase, and glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase activities in the extract-treated groups compared to the infected but untreated group (R).
- G. lucidum is the most effective inhibitor, with the lowest half maximal inhibitory concentration (64.09 ± 6.29 μg/mL) of the Nitric Oxide production (R).
- The experimental group showed statistically significant improvements in the domains of physical well-being and fatigue subscale after intervention with TNF-a, IL-6 (R).
- After 4 h administration of Reishi, the systolic pressure significantly decreased to 34.3 mmHg (19.5% change) and the effect was maintained up to 8 h of administration, with the decrease reaching as low as 26.8 mmHg (15% reduction-compare to base line a decrease of 26.8 mmHg is less than a decrease of 34.3 mmHg so it should give a smaller % reduction) (R).
- Additionally, our results show that Reishi inhibited convulsions in rats from Kainic Acid-induced seizures, reduced the degeneration pattern, decreased astrocytic reactivity, and reduced the expression of IL-1β and TNF-α induced by KA (R).
1-2 caps per day of this extract, taken at night or afternoon depending on your response to it:
Reishi most commonly helps you relax, thus promoting sleep, but for some, it can also increase energy and wakefulness. Try it out to see how it affects you.
Most studies suggest none or no noticeable side effects noted by biological markers or subjective experiences (R, R).
One study showed no evidence for liver, kidney or DNA toxicity with reishi intake (R).
Although very rare, it may make some autoimmune conditions worse by activating/increasing the already overactive immune system.
In general, reishi aids in so many situations/conditions that it has landed a permanent spot in my favorite supplement list (R, R).
Notes of caution: Some studies show it reduces NF-kB (inflammation) and some show an increase, so individual responses to it may vary. It might be most useful for balance/reduction of Th2 dominance and as an immune booster for Th1 dominance (R, R, R).
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.